Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Deleted Media by mistake. Now Device or resource busy

2011-04-20 11:49:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Deleted Media by mistake. Now Device or resource busy
From: newtobacula <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:46:36 -0700
I use the Bat tool as a GUI to manage my bacula jobs. I was getting an error

13-Apr 10:00  JobId 1672: Job BackupClient1.2011-04-13_03.00.00_35 is waiting.
Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      "Tape" (/dev/nst0)
    Pool:         Week2
    Media type:   LTO3

So I thought I would move a "purged" tape into the Scratch pool and let Bacula
mount it for backups (note: more of a 'suck it in and see approach' I dont
really know how to do this). By mistake I deleted the Media using the Dat GUI.
Now I am unable to see that tape when I do list volumes/list media etc. Any
suggestions?

I have tried mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind so I can mt -f /dev/nst0 weof, but the
command results in an error "Device or resource busy".

I have tried to unmount/remount, relabel but getting no success. For instance,
issuing command label barcodes I get:
"Label command failed for Volume LT1006L1", probably because I did not really
delete the label?

Any ideas? I have asked my best friend Google and will keep on it until I get
something

Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance