Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] speed up my backups

2011-04-19 10:23:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] speed up my backups
From: hymie! <hymie AT lactose.homelinux DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:21:34 -0400
Maybe I can answer to follow-ups at once.  Easy one first:

Marcello Romani writes:

>Maybe it's not relevant to your case, but have you tried to enable
>spooling ?

I don't think spooling will solve my problem.  First off, I'm using disks
as my storage, not tapes; spooling is not recommended.  Second, the
bottleneck clearly (well, clearly to me) is at the client side choosing
files.  Note that Bytes/sec is under 8,000.  I don't have any currently-
running backups to compare it to, but that seems like an *extremely* low
number.

Christian Manal wrote:
>Hi,
>
>do you use accurate backups? If not, the signature isn't used anyway.
>Regular incrementals and differentials are done by timestamp.

No, I do not.  At least, not on purpose, and not that I can see.
Although I did just notice that it's VSS, if that matters.

JobId 272 Job CEFiles01Backup.2011-04-18_23.05.00_41 is running.
    VSS Incremental Backup Job started: 18-Apr-11 22:36
    Files=71,586 Bytes=273,451,803 Bytes/sec=7,131 Errors=0
    Files Examined=15,267,990

But if it's already just using timestamp, then I may just be stuck with
a 12-hour incremental.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie AT lactose.homelinux
DOT net