Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job pruning

2011-04-18 10:17:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job pruning
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:13:53 -0300
Humm, you didn't mentioned that you modified the retention periods after installing Bacula, did you?

Anyway, after  you modify the retention periods you must run the "update" command on the console to properly update the Catalog...

2011/4/18 Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>

http://www.hebergement-pro.org/bacula/output.txt<http://www.hebergement-pro.org/bacula/joblist.txt>
>> don't

>> is

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the message on top...
> To give you new inputs:
>
> 07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: Begin pruning Jobs older than 3
> days .
> 07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: No Jobs found to prune.
> 07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: Begin pruning Jobs.
> 07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: Pruned Files from 2 Jobs for
> client serveur-fd from catalog.
> 07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: End auto prune.
>
> Why jobs are not pruned by the system, whereas files are ?
> They should be cleaned together.
>
> Best regards.
> Jerome Blion.
Hello,

I totally reinstalled the bacula server.
I modified all retentions before starting it.

Now, files, jobs and volumes are pruned according to my directives.
I think the retention period is stored into the database... I just don't
know where.

HTH.
Jérôme Blion.