Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Job pruning

2011-04-06 19:19:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Job pruning
From: Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 01:15:37 +0200
Hello,

I'm setting a test infrastructure on Debian Squeeze. I'm using Debian packages (5.0.2).
You can find various configuration files here: http://www.hebergement-pro.org/bacula/

I set:
serveur:/home/www/www/bacula# grep Retention bacula-dir.conf.txt
  File Retention = 3 days
  Job Retention = 3 days
  Volume Retention = 3 days
  Volume Retention = 3 days
  File Retention = 3 days

When I list jobs, I can see jobs which should have expired. Catalog backups are correctly pruned but other ones are not.
Here are some outputs: http://www.hebergement-pro.org/bacula/output.txt

Files backed up during these jobs cannot be listed with "list files jobid=35". I can restore the whole job successfully (as the volume has not been recycled yet)
When I perform a show job=Backup_Serveur (or anyone else), I have the following strange line: JobRetention=0 secs FileRetention=11 months 16 days 4 hours 46 mins 48 secs
I never set it up such retentions. What is that File Retention ? I don't understand it.

By the past, I modified retention period. How does the pruning work ? is the expiration date stored into the database ? I didn't find it.
How could I identify what is wrong in my setup ?

Best regards.
Jerome Blion.