Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Pool per client

2011-04-13 12:32:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Pool per client
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:30:25 +0100
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Pablo Marques wrote:

> But I would still have the problem that I need a device tied up backing
> up each client.  The problem I am facing is that I need to backup lots of
> slow clients, and I need to come up with something so I can back them up
> all at the _same_ time on one or maybe a few devices, and still have a
> Pool per client.

I'm not clear if you're trying to avoid lots of physical devices or lots of
bacula storage device definitions.  You could create one Device {} entry
per client in the bacula-sd.conf.  These each correspond to a different
directory on some filesystem.   You then run each backup to its own file
Device -- these can all happen concurrently.

You should then be able to migrate each one in turn to tape.

Or maybe I've missed something?

Gavin