Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Dell PowerVault 124T tape drive

2011-04-13 12:28:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Dell PowerVault 124T tape drive
From: Steve Ellis <ellis AT brouhaha DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:12:43 -0700
On 4/13/2011 4:48 AM, Steffen Fritz wrote:
> Hey folks,
>

> something strange is happening within my bacula configuration. Every help is
> much appreciated!
>
> 1. This is, what bconsole-->  status tells me about my tape drive. No pool?
>
> Device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with:
>      Volume:      sonntag
>      Pool:        *unknown*
>      Media type:  LTO-4
>      Drive 0 status unknown.
>      Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
>      Positioned at File=0 Block=0
> ====
>
> Used Volume status:
> sonntag on device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0)
>      Reader=0 writers=0 devres=0 volinuse=0
If you are using a bacula earlier than 5.0.3 (I believe), then if there
is a tape change during a backup, this can happen--when I've seen this
issue, the tape was actually in a pool, it was (mostly) a display
issue--however, it manifested that subsequent jobs couldn't start due to
this, until the running job (that triggered the tape change) finished.
In 5.0.3, I've heard some confirmation that this issue has been
fixed--certainly I haven't seen the issue myself since switching to
5.0.3, but I never saw it very often earlier--so my datapoints are
incomplete.

-se