Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Feature idea : Advanced status of a current job;

2011-04-11 11:00:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Feature idea : Advanced status of a current job;
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:57:48 +0200
Sorry, there was a bug, message sent while I was writing :(

2011/4/11 Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>:
> Hi
> Since many days I am thinking thats it could be nice to have some
> feature that enable the user to have an idea of the speed that the job
> is running.
>
> I imagine something that report during the job : Network rates, Job
> advancement, Files backed up, Bytes Copied ?
>
> Also I use Webacula, and when I look at the timeline the currently running
> job cant be viewed

I imagine a command like "status job  jobid="
- Data already backed up
- Estimation of the remaining Data (or time)
- Elapsed time
- Network data transfert
- Datarate at two level ( with/without compression )
and some information that could be fine to estimate the duration of a job.
Lots of backup software have a graphical progression bar. When you
start a job in bacula you don't have statistics before the job is
terminated.

Maybe I missed a feature like that that already exist ?

I think that a lot of people will be interested by that king of feature.

Thank you

Hugo