Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Connection error from remote client

2011-04-07 12:13:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Connection error from remote client
From: Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 18:10:14 +0200
Le 07/04/2011 17:19, Kenney, William P. (Information Technology
Services) a écrit :
>> When I run the new job I get the following error message in the
> bconsole:

> *******
>> 06-Apr 23:35 ecsu-bk3-dir JobId 16: Error: Bacula ecsu-bk3-dir 5.0.2
>> (28Apr10): 06-Apr-2011 23:35:05
>>
> Do you have localhost or 127.0.0.1 in any bacula config file? If so
> replace all instances with a FQDN
>
> John
>
> The only reference to localhost is in the first client and in comments.
>
> I'm using beast's IP address in the second client definition, is that
> acceptable?
>
> Bill

Hello,

In fact, he was talking about bacula-dir.conf or bacula-sd.conf.
If you reference the storage daemon as running on 127.0.0.1, any client
which is running in another place will try to find a storage daemon on
itself.

HTH.
Jerome Blion.