Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Priority question

2011-04-07 02:05:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Priority question
From: Tor Willy Austerslått <twa AT sesamdata DOT no>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 08:02:13 +0200
On 7. apr. 2011, at 03.07, Rodrigo Renie Braga wrote:

I guess it would be nice to have priorities separated per Storage...

2011/4/6 <ewan.brown AT stfc.ac DOT uk>
You are right that no priority 10 jobs will get run while there are higher priority (lower number) jobs running.  To run jobs in parallel they need to be the same priority.

However, to some extent you can control the order using scheduling.  Kick off the important jobs on the hour and the less important ones at 5 minutes past the hour and I believe they will maintain that order in the queue.

Cheers,

Ewan

Hello Rodrigo. We're using 5.0.3 and the jobs appears to be ordered (within the schedule) the same way they are ordered in bacula-dir.conf. I.e. jobs with the same priority and schedule will be in the same order as they appear in bacula-dir.conf.

--
Tor Willy