Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Priority question

2011-04-06 21:10:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Priority question
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: ewan.brown AT stfc.ac DOT uk
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 22:07:49 -0300
I guess it would be nice to have priorities separated per Storage...

2011/4/6 <ewan.brown AT stfc.ac DOT uk>
You are right that no priority 10 jobs will get run while there are higher priority (lower number) jobs running.  To run jobs in parallel they need to be the same priority.

However, to some extent you can control the order using scheduling.  Kick off the important jobs on the hour and the less important ones at 5 minutes past the hour and I believe they will maintain that order in the queue.

Cheers,

Ewan

Scanned by iCritical.