Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DebianSqueeze Installation Issue

2011-02-28 05:39:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DebianSqueeze Installation Issue
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: Dene Stringfellow <support AT ridgedale.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:37:06 +0000
On 28/02/11, Dene Stringfellow (support AT ridgedale.co DOT uk) wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone could provide some assistance. I have just
> upgraded Debian Lenny to Squeeze on my server and decided to try
> Bacula to set up a disk-to-disk (initial full backup) daily
> incremental backup using two (NTFS formatted) external drives
> rotated on a weekly basis, so one disk is held off-site while the
> other is in use. I'm not trying to back up clients at this point.
>
> I ran the following command to install Bacula:
>
> apt-get install bacula
>
> The installation appeared to be successful although I did notice
> during the installation process that SQLite appeared to be being
> installed - surprising since I have an active MySQL server
> installation.

If you run
    dpkg -l | grep bacula
it will show you which bacula packages you have installed.

My server has:
    bacula-common
    bacula-commong-pgsql
    bacula-console
    bacula-director-common
    bacula-director-pgsql
    bacula-fd
    bacula-sd
    bacula-sd-pgsql

If you are intending to use mysql you will need to choose the packages
with "mysql" instead of "pgsql".

The other errors you report have to do with Mysql configuration. If you
haven't got a database configured yet, it may be worth moving to
Postgresql in any event.

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
rory AT campbell-lange DOT net