Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Warning to DVD users

2011-02-20 10:20:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] Warning to DVD users
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:17:04 +0200
If there are any any more ;)

I use ancient Bacula 2.0.2 on Debian Linux, as it seems to work pretty
nicely with DVD burner.

However, I found out that when upgrading to Kernel to 2.6.32 the
dvd+rw-tools package and growisofs does not work any more.

The issue comes when you upgrade Debian to Squeeze, there 2.6.32 is
stock Kernel. It is also available to Lenny via Backports. All the same,
that new kernel breaks Bacula with the growisofs.

--

FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #19