Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Warning to DVD users

2011-02-20 18:00:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Warning to DVD users
From: ganiuszka <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 23:57:06 +0100
Hi,

The "free" command is running before every WRITE. If "free" command
does not work properly then WRITE will not work. "dvd-handler" script
uses the "popen2" Python module which in new Python version throws
warning because this module is deprecated in new Python. That may be
your issue after the system upgrade to Squeeze.

If your "free" command shows something like below output, that is this problem.:

# /usr/local/bacula/etc/scripts/dvd-handler /dev/sr0 free
/usr/local/bacula/etc/scripts/dvd-handler:41: DeprecationWarning: The
popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess module.
  import popen2
1616412672
No Error reported.

When you put "hash" ("#") in python module on that warning then DVD
backup will be work. Another solution is rewrite "dvd-handler" script
using "subprocess" Python  module instead "popen2".

In addition, DVD backup does not work in Bacula version 5.0.2 and
5.0.3. I reported the bug and it is fixed in Branch-5.0.

http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1624

In Branch-5.1 DVD backup functionality is not supported and fully disabled.

Regards.
gani