Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] [Newbie] Remote copy

2011-02-20 08:33:43
Subject: [Bacula-users] [Newbie] Remote copy
From: Manolo Padron Martinez <manolopm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:30:59 +0000
Hi:

I've been thinking how to make a remote copy. My first approach was to
put only the client but that force me to open a port in the client
machine and to set the fileset in the director, so the centralized
server has to know hwo the filesystem of the clients are organized.

My second idea was to put director+client in remote machines and only
the storage server in the centralized machine. So the remote machines
organize the copys themselves and I don't need to open port in the
clientes. But I'm not sure if this is a good idea, anyone see a
problem in this structure?

Regards from Canary Islands

Manuel Padron Martinez