Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] mysql version

2011-02-13 09:41:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] mysql version
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:37:52 +0100
On Sunday 13 February 2011 12.00:37 rst wrote:
> Thank you  for your  prompt reply.  I'll try to  answer both  Kern and
> Randy in this message.
>
> To Kern:
>
>     I thought bacula is developed for some specific version of mysql
>     and changing it could be very risky.

That was the case 10 years ago, but since 5-6 years, both MySQL and PostgreSQL
have been very stable for the features Bacula uses.  We seldom find problems.

What you are speaking about below (version 4.1.22...) for us are rather old
versions -- I don't think they are even supported by MySQL any more.

Regards,

Kern