Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] mysql version

2011-02-12 09:10:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] mysql version
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:08:08 +0100
On Saturday 12 February 2011 14.41:40 rst wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is it possible to know the exact version of mysql that
> was used for testing bacula 5.0.3? I'm asking this question
> because some patches of mysql introduce incompatible
> changes.

Aside from binaries which require the version on the platform for which the
binary is built, there is no specific version of MySQL that we use or we test.
In my case, it was probably version 5.1.x, which is loaded on my development
machine, but on other platforms, it could well be other versions.  Other than
a problem with the one version of MySQL (5.5?) that has made MaxValue a
keyword, there are no problems.  That particular problem is corrected (worked
around) in the Source Forge git repository Branch-5.0, and it only occurs if
you are creating a new database from scratch.

Regards,

Kern