Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] mysql version

2011-02-13 09:37:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] mysql version
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, fs AT wpi DOT edu
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:34:23 +0100
On Sunday 13 February 2011 13.48:34 Frank Sweetser wrote:
> On 2/13/2011 6:00 AM, rst wrote:
> > Thank you  for your  prompt reply.  I'll try to  answer both  Kern and
> > Randy in this message.
>
> One more point I wanted to throw out there - while Kern and the rest of the
> Bacula developers do an excellent job of making sure Bacula works on a wide
> range of configurations, you don't have to take their word for it.
> Instead, you can set up and run the regression suite:
>
> http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/developers/developers/Bacula_Regression_
>Testing.html
>
> This way you can put Bacula through its paces on your own exact
> configuration and verify its functionality before trying to go live.  In
> addition, if you do encounter any problems, the results will be visible to
> on the regression upload site, helping troubleshooting.

Thanks for mentioning this Frank.  When we are in the final phases of a release
(generally the last month) as we are currently, we look at all the results of
the regression tests.  If we find something wrong, we can often change the
debug level or other parameter of a test and get the information we need to
solve problems without involving the testers ...

Regards,

Kern