Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula mount request

2011-02-02 18:40:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula mount request
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: "Jeremiah D. Jester" <jjest AT u.washington DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:37:35 +0000
On 02/02/11 23:29, Alan Brown wrote:

(Interestingly: after using tapeinfo, the PMR seems to have been unlocked.....)

Oops, no. It was a TapeAlert and they're only reported once.

After another round of trying to unload the message reappeared.

# tapeinfo -f /etc/bacula/DEVICES/MSSLY8-0-sg
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'HP      '
Product ID: 'Ultrium 5-SCSI  '
Revision: 'I33H'
Attached Changer: No
SerialNumber: 'HU1032BTLP'
TapeAlert[10]:   No Removal: Cannot unload, initiator is preventing media removal.
MinBlock:1
MaxBlock:16777215
SCSI ID: 7
SCSI LUN: 0
Ready: yes
BufferedMode: yes
Medium Type: Not Loaded
Density Code: 0x58
BlockSize: 0
DataCompEnabled: yes
DataCompCapable: yes
DataDeCompEnabled: yes
CompType: 0x1
DeCompType: 0x1
Block Position: 1

This has been driving me nuts for a long time.

I'd _really_ like to find a repeatable way of making this happen outside Bacula in order to get the tape drive manufacturers to investigate instead of trying to blow people off.