Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help on restore

2011-02-01 07:17:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help on restore
From: Bart Swedrowski <bart AT timedout DOT org>
To: Valerio Pachera <sirio81 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 12:08:47 +0000
Valerio Pachera wrote:
> As you can see, there is only one file. A different version of this
> file has to exist for each bacup.
>
> But by bacula console I can only mark the latest version.
> Do you know ho I can select prevous versions?

Restore job allows you to select a date range from where you want the
backup to be.  By default, it's latest one.

See below -- instead of choosing 5, choose 6 and specify time you are
interested in.  Bacula will combine few backups (Full + Incrementals) to
build up relevant version of the backup and get you into the command
line interfaces where you can browse through files.

*restore
Automatically selected Catalog: PWS
Using Catalog "PWS"

First you select one or more JobIds that contain files
to be restored. You will be presented several methods
of specifying the JobIds. Then you will be allowed to
select which files from those JobIds are to be restored.

To select the JobIds, you have the following choices:
      1: List last 20 Jobs run
      2: List Jobs where a given File is saved
      3: Enter list of comma separated JobIds to select
      4: Enter SQL list command
      5: Select the most recent backup for a client
      6: Select backup for a client before a specified time
      7: Enter a list of files to restore
      8: Enter a list of files to restore before a specified time
      9: Find the JobIds of the most recent backup for a client
     10: Find the JobIds for a backup for a client before a specified time
     11: Enter a list of directories to restore for found JobIds
     12: Select full restore to a specified Job date
     13: Cancel