Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED

2010-12-28 22:43:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Device is BLOCKED
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: yesi <yesi AT altern DOT org>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 22:41:09 -0500
2010/12/28 yesi <yesi AT altern DOT org>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using : Version: 5.0.2
> I have a pool "daily".
> My volume LT1008L5 and LT1010L5 belong this pool.
> For some reason, i can not backup, because of this error :
>
> "status dir" tell me that my job is waiting for a mount request
> "status storage=Drive-1" give me this message :
>>
>> Device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with:
>>     Volume:      LT1010L5
>>     Pool:        Daily
>>     Media type:  3573-TL
>>     Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "LT1008L5",
>>        Pool:        Daily
>>        Media type:  3573-TL
>>     Slot 10 is loaded in drive 0.
>>     Total Bytes Read=64,512 Blocks Read=1 Bytes/block=64,512
>>     Positioned at File=0 Block=0
>> Device "Drive-2" (/dev/nst1) is not open.
>>     Device is BLOCKED. User unmounted during wait for media/mount.
>>     Drive 1 is not loaded.
>> ====
>>
>> Used Volume status:
>> LT1008L5 on device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0)
>>     Reader=0 writers=0 devres=1 volinuse=0
>
>  I've "umount" and "mount" the volume on my Drive-1 with the good volume but
> i get the same error...

Sometines bacula sd gets confused about media changes especially when
the tape it wants is not in the changer or it also sometimes gets
confused if you use the umount command. Or if you moved or added
volumes without issuing the update slots command. In these cases
probably 1 out of 3 times I am able to recover by a combination of
update slots and then release or umount and then a few mounts. If that
does not work. I use the changer frontend to put the tape it wants
into the drive it wants and then I try the mount command again. If
none of this works I release all tapes from the other drives then
restart bacula-sd . That will kill the current backup however.

> So, i've delete the volume " delete volume=LT1010L5" and right now the
> volume is on the pool "CleanTape".
> And i've got the same error message above.
>
> What would be the solution, please ?

It certainly would not be delete. You will have to issue label
barcodes before you can use that tape again.

John