Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Script to enable hardware encryption on LTO4 drives?

2010-12-24 12:48:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Script to enable hardware encryption on LTO4 drives?
From: Steve Costaras <stevecs AT chaven DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:27:57 -0600

I have quantum stand-alone LTO4 drives that I'm using w/ Bacula 3.0.3 under linux.   I would like to enable the hardware encryption on the drives (does not have to be fancy, even the same encryption key for /all/ tapes would be much better than nothing).

I saw in the lists that this was discussed over a year ago, but apparently nothing came of it?

Is this still a no-go or is there a solution that I haven't found?

Steve