Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] incremental backup of Exchange fails

2010-12-24 08:59:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] incremental backup of Exchange fails
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:54:53 +0200
On Friday 24 December 2010 15:22:14 James Harper wrote:

> > I started backing up an Exchange 2003 on a 32-bit Windows Server 2003
> SP2
> > (SBS).
> >
> > The full backup completes OK, but incrementals fail with error
> "0xc800020e".
>
> That message is "An incremental backup cannot be performed when circular
> logging is enabled.". There should be a message in the windows event log
> to that effect too.
>

> > Some things I did after digging into it:
> >   - disabled circular logging on Exchange -  do I have to restart
> something
> > after doing it?
>
> No you don't need to restart anything, but you would need to do a full
> backup of Exchange after disabling circular logging before doing the
> incremental...
>
> >   - reran full after these changes
>
> .. which I see you've already done.
>
> Can you make sure the full was definitely done after circular logging
> was turned off, and then check the event logs to see if anything useful
> is in there.
>
> James

Yes, the full was run definitely after circular logging was disabled. But Event
Viewer does not show anything interesting.. there is one error for Bacula under
"Application", but that is before I did the changes.

Can I somehow re-check that Exchange really disabled circular logging (besides
checking the checkbox)?

--
Silver