Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] ERR=Table 'p' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

2010-12-07 09:38:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] ERR=Table 'p' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
From: Frank Sweetser <fs AT WPI DOT EDU>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 08:59:37 -0500
On 12/7/2010 3:00 AM, Eric Yellin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded Bacula from 1.38 to 5.0.3. I also moved the system
> from FreeBSD and it is now running on CentOS 5.5 with MySQL 5.0.77.
>
> I get the following error for all backup jobs:
>
> Fatal error: sql_create.c:858 Fill Path table Query failed: INSERT INTO Path
> (Path) SELECT a.Path FROM (SELECT DISTINCT Path FROM batch) AS a WHERE NOT
> EXISTS (SELECT Path FROM Path AS p WHERE p.Path = a.Path): ERR=Table 'p' is
> marked as crashed and should be repaired
>
> Any ideas why this may be happening and can be fixed?

Strictly speaking, this is actually a mysql problem, not a bacula one.

It sounds like you copied the database tables over while the database was still
live, so the files were in a dirty state.  You should be able to get them back
into a clean state with the repair mysql command:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/myisam-repair.html

After that, make sure to also run the bacula dbcheck command to look for any
remaining problems.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken