Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Job conflicts with Allow Duplicate Jobs = no

2010-12-04 13:42:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Job conflicts with Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 13:39:25 -0500
On 12/4/2010 10:03 AM, Jon Schewe wrote:
> On 12/03/2010 09:59 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

>>> That's correct. I've run into this and my solution has been to have each
>>> job to be copied to explicitly queue the copy job for it by selecting
>>> the last ID with the same job name. This ensures that you don't end up
>>> with 2 copy jobs for the same original job.
>>>
>> That is the problem I'm encountering now.  There are two incremental
>> jobs to be copied, both of the same name.  They'll never both get copied
>> over....
>>

> How are the two jobs different then?

They were run at different times, same host each time.

> Don't you have one for each host?

There are different jobs for each host.

> Here's an example from my config. The start-job script just starts the
> specified job using bconsole.
> Job {
>    Name = "ottertail"
>    Client = ottertail-fd
>    JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
>    FileSet = "Standard NetBSD Set"
>    Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/working/ottertail.bsr"
>    RunScript {
>      RunsOnClient = no
>      RunsWhen = After
>      FailJobOnError = yes
>      Command  = "/etc/bacula/start-job ottertail-copy"
>    }
> }
> Job {
>    Name = "ottertail-copy"
>    JobDefs = "CopyJob"
>    Selection Pattern = "SELECT MAX(jobid) FROM Job WHERE Name = 'ottertail'"
>    Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/working/ottertail-copy.bsr"
> }

I've thought of doing that, but the ideal solution is:

* run all jobs
* copy to tape, a slower process, outside the backup window.

For me, there is no backup window.  But for some, there is a distinct
time during which backups can be run.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/