Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Getting the currently loaded Volume

2010-12-02 22:44:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Getting the currently loaded Volume
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 22:42:01 -0500
I write the following shell script to find out what Volume is in the
tape drive.  It assumes you have an autochanger and are using
mtx-changer.  It's just a starting point and I'll incorporate it into
the main RunAfter script later.

-----------------
#!/bin/sh

SLOT=`/usr/local/sbin/mtx-changer /dev/pass10 loaded 0 /dev/sa1 0`

LINE=`/usr/local/sbin/mtx-changer /dev/pass10 list | grep ^${SLOT}`

VOLUME=`echo $LINE | awk 'BEGIN { FS = ":" } ; {print $2}'`

echo $VOLUME

Why was this needed?

When you run a CopyJob, the %v volume is the source volume, not the
destination volume.  In my case, I am copying to tape and I want to know
the volume I'm writing to so that statistics can be kept.

FYI: I started to write a patch for adding %V to the Run Script
paramters, but I ran into a block.

   http://marc.info/?l=bacula-devel&m=129074369216681&w=2

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/