Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How do I change from postgresql to mysql?

2010-12-03 17:43:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How do I change from postgresql to mysql?
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 17:40:47 -0500
On 12/03/10 17:20, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> I am in the process of building a fedora 14 system and I have installed
> bacula
> 5.0.2 from F14's repository. Apparently it is build to postgresql as I am
> getting these error messages when starting bacula:
>
> 03-Dec 22:07 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog
> "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
> 03-Dec 22:07 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: postgresql.c:227 Unable to
> connect
> to PostgreSQL server. Database=bacula User=bacula
> Possible causes: SQL server not running; password incorrect; max_connections
> exceeded.
> 03-Dec 22:07 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
> Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
>
> How can I tell bacula to use database type mysql instead of postgresql?

First answer:  You can't tell THIS Bacula to use mysql instead of
Postgres if it was built to use postgres.

Second answer:  Look at your available Bacula packages.  There may be a
choice of a bacula-postgresql package or a bacula-mysql package.
Ubuntu, if I recall correctly, is an example of a distribution that
offers both.

Third answer:  Many people on this list will assure you that postgresql
works very well for Bacula.  Is using it an option?

Fourth answer:  If you have no bacula-mysql package available and
running Bacula with postgresql is not an option, then you will have no
choice but to build it yourself from source.  This will require you to
first install all the required tools, -dev packages, and build dependencies.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.