Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with removable drives

2010-09-28 13:58:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with removable drives
From: Luca Bertoncello <bertoncello AT netzing DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:56:06 +0200
Am Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:00:47 -0400
schrieb Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>:

> The current disk could be full. There could be no available volumes
> on the current disk. This could also happen if you do not issue a
> "update slots" command in bconsole after changing SATA disks. The
> update slots command is what allows Bacula to determine which volumes
> are currently available. When selecting the next available volume to
> use, Bacula makes use of this info and will try to select a volume
> that is "in changer" and available. If it can't find a currently
> available volume that is "in changer", it will select an available
> volume that is not "in changer" and ask the operator to mount it.

Another question: how can I automatically force an "update slots"
BEFORE a backup?
If I'm not at work, and a colleque has to change the disk, he can not
give the "update slots", due to right problem (I cannot give ihm the
rights).

Thanks a lot!
Luca Bertoncello
Luca Bertoncello
Entwicklung                               Mail:  bertoncello AT netzing DOT de

NETZING Solutions AG                      Tel.:  0351/41381 - 23
Fröbelstr. 57, 01159 Dresden              Fax:   0351/41381 - 12

Impressum:
NETZING Solutions AG  -  Fröbelstraße 57   -   01159 Dresden
Sitz der Gesellschaft Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 18926
Vorstand  Dieter Schneider  -  Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender Volker Kanitz
USt.Id DE211326547  Mail:  netzing.ag AT netzing DOT de