Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "Hello" counts as a "Job" to bacula-fd?

2010-09-23 15:38:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "Hello" counts as a "Job" to bacula-fd?
From: Sean Clark <smclark AT tamu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:33:28 -0500
  On 09/23/2010 01:17 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 09/23/10 14:00, Sean Clark wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Does every connection count as a "job"?
> No, but it does count as a *connection*, so if you have concurrency on
> the client set to 1, then any other access while a job is running will
> be denied or time out.  By the sound of it, you need to increase the
> concurrency on the client.
Well, that's what I mean, though - the terminology in the bacula-fd.conf
file is "Maximum Concurrent Jobs", so I hadn't expected to be denied
non-job-running connections.
>> And do I have any recourse [...]
> By the sound of it, you're pretty much between a rock and a hard place
> there.  If the Director can't connect to send a cancel, then you really
> have no mechanism for killing just one of the running jobs
I did try ssh'ing into the client, updating bacula-fd.conf to increase
the "Maximum Concurrent Jobs", and then sending SIGHUP
to bacula-fd in hopes of getting it to accept more connections, but it
looks like the only option I've got is to kill the jobs by brute
force (killing bacula-fd or bacula-dir) and try again tomorrow...