Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] different filesets for different job-types?

2010-09-21 14:38:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] different filesets for different job-types?
From: Stefan Palme <kleiner AT hora-obscura DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 20:35:47 +0200
Hi,

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 14:16 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> The short answer is, you can't.  All levels of a given job must use the
> same Fileset.  To do otherwise ... well, let's just say that That Way
> Lies Madness, and leave it at that.

I've already guessed this would be the answer :-)

> Allow me to propose a much simpler and safer alternate solution to your
> problem:
> Use a single Fileset that does NOT contain the Special File.  Create a
> RunBefore Job script which, ONLY FOR FULL BACKUPS, snapshots the Special
> File into a reserved location that *will* be backed up, then
> (optionally) a RunAfterJob script that unlinks the copy after it's been
> backed up.

Sounds interesting, a little bit ugly, but may work. Thanks for this
idea.

As far as I understood the main problem is that ONE Job can have only
ONE FileSet. So I could just define a second Job with its own FileSet
(that contains only the special file), and this Job will run only once a
week. The obvious disadvantage of this approach is that the special file
will not be restored when I do a restore of the "normal" FileSet resp. a
"normal" Job...

-stefan-