Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help with file retention please

2010-09-15 04:02:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help with file retention please
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:56:31 +0300
> Hi all,
> Can someone please help me figure why my catalog file retention only seems
> to be 14 days. What I am hoping for, is that the weekly backup jobs should
> auto-prune after 15 days, and the file retention to also be 15 days.
> Monthly jobs should auto-prune after 65 days, likewise their file
> retention. Yearly backups same thing but kept for 370 days.
>

> From what I understand from the manual, the retention may be shortened by
> other configurations, but I can't figure out what's shortening it!

Is it 14 days only with catalog jobs, or any job written into this pool?

What comes into my mind (this is one of my favourite reasons to always
suspect with this type of problems) is that you've originally had it set to
14 days, and changed it afterwards from the conf file.

If so, this won't get into effect with any _existing_ pool or volume without
using the update command.

Before doing anything else, study with llist (double 'l', like 'long')
command the pool and volumes used for catalog jobs. Check if the retention
time (it's shown in seconds) equals to 15 days or something else. If not 15
days, use update command to update the pool from the conf file, and then
update all the existing volumes from the pool. Then check with llist again.

Regards,
Timo