Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Unmount tape after all jobs run

2010-09-10 16:08:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Unmount tape after all jobs run
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: Kent Tenney <ktenney AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 21:06:31 +0100
On 10/09/10, Kent Tenney (ktenney AT gmail DOT com) wrote:
> What is the correct configuration to unmount (ideally eject) the tape
> after all jobs run, and mount the next tape when it is inserted?

To unmount and eject the tape you need to use the "Run After Job"
Director attribute.

Check out
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#7123

There is an example on this Server Fault page:
http://serverfault.com/questions/7242/bacula-tape-changing

I'm not sure how you could run a job/mount operation when a tape is
inserted. To do this you would probably want to run a cronjob to see if
there has been a tape status change (i.e. mt -f /dev/nst0 status returns
something rather than nothing) and then trigger the job through shell
scripting bconsole.

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
rory AT campbell-lange DOT net