Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Job waiting on mount request blocking other jobs

2010-08-30 19:21:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] Job waiting on mount request blocking other jobs
From: Greg Golin <greg.golin AT etouchpoint DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:21:45 -0700
Hello,

Recently we went through a following scenario:

An external USB drive to which JobA was supposed to write became unusable. JobA
requested a mount. Jobs B through Z that were scheduled to run after JobA did
not run. As a result we lost two days of backups.

How can we make sure that jobs whose destination drives are accessible do not
get blocked by jobs whose destination drives are inaccessible?

Thanks,
Greg Golin