Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Maildir and mysql plugin

2010-08-23 13:41:23
Subject: [Bacula-users] Maildir and mysql plugin
From: Marcio Merlone <marcio.merlone AT a1.ind DOT br>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:19:38 -0300
  Good afternoon!

I was wondering... would be nice to have a maildir backup plugin, where
one could backup a maildir and have its contents indexed and restorable
by sender, subject, date, attachments, etc.. I could try to write one
myself, but wouldn't have the required skills and time. Has anyone ever
though about this? Is it doable?

Not to mention a mysql plugin, where one could restore specific
database, table, row, on a live system....

I think those are the features lacking on bacula to put it side-by-side
with commercial products. Pls, no flames! Bacula is great, I love it,
and would not change it for a commercial one even if they were free, I
am just making a feature request and brain storming. That could even
pave the path for Exchange, MS-SQL, Firebird, Oracle, etc...

Best regards.

--
Marcio Merlone