Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Enabling hardware compression

2010-08-18 15:57:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Enabling hardware compression
From: ganiuszka <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:54:42 +0200
W dniu 2010.08.18 16:57, Romer Ventura pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Bacula 5.0.2 with a Quantum SuperLoader 3 with DLTv4 tape
> drive. If i want to enable hardware compression so i can use 320GB from
> my VS1 tapes all i would need to do is run this command: mt -f
> /dev/nst0 defcompression 1, correct?

Hi,

Please note, "mt" program occur in two different versions: mt-gnu and mt-st.

mt-gnu can not switch the hardware compression but mt-st can switch it.

In addition, in mtx tools you will find program called tapeinfo. It can
show the hardware compression state for a tape drive and much more.

good luck
gani