Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] New tape on the 1st of every month

2010-08-14 07:25:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] New tape on the 1st of every month
From: Andrea Conti <alyf AT alyf DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:55:58 +0200
> Is there any way to tell Bacula that if it's the 1st of the month mark
> the append-able tapes as "used" and look for other tapes?

My solution to a similar problem was to write a shell script which
directly changes the volumes' state in the catalog; you just need to
take a look at the catalog schema and write an UPDATE query with the
right set of conditions.

The script is then executed through a RunScript directive in a
high-priority admin job which is scheduled to run before every set of
backup jobs writing to the pool in question.

I realize this might not be the cleanest solution out there, especially
since you must review the script at every catalog schema change; however
it is reasonably simple and, well, It Works For Me (tm).

andrea