Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] About pool retention

2010-08-10 06:36:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] About pool retention
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:33:01 +0000 (UTC)
Am Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:09:00 +0400 schrieb Proskurin Kirill:

> Hello all.
>
> Bacula-5.0.2
>
> I have such pool definition:
>
> Pool {
>    Name = host.domain.org
>    Pool Type = Backup
>    Recycle = yes
>    AutoPrune = yes
>    Volume Retention = 7 days
>    UseVolumeOnce = yes
>    Maximum Volumes = 7
>    Label Format = "host.domain.org-"
> }
>
> But now I have 7 volumes in status "Used" and new backup is saying what:
> Cannot find any appendable volumes.
> Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume
>
> Why it is not recycle Used volume? There is my mistake?

did you change the pool definition after the volumes were created? if so,
you need to use "upate volume" in the bacula console.

If you do everyday a backup you need to change the "Volume Retention" to
something lower than 7 days because the retention is counted from the
last written date.

"Use Volume Once" deprecated, use "Maximum Volume Jobs = 1" instead. I
myself would rather user "Volume Use Duration".

see too:
http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/
Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0018150000000000000000

- Thomas