Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Autochanger Questions

2010-08-04 06:58:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Autochanger Questions
From: sid009 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 06:56:27 -0400
Hi Guys,

I am new to Bacula and an average Linux user. I am trying to setup Bacula to
work with our HP LTO4 Autochanger (7 slots + 1 mail slot). I have managed to
label all the tapes and I can see all the volumes listed via bconsole. The
problem I am having is Auto-rotating the tapes. Right now when a tape gets
filled all the jobs either go into a pending state or fail.

Ideally I would want a tape to be used per day (so 5 tapes for Monday - Friday)
using incremental backups and a full backup on Saturday. After every successful
back up I want the tape to be ejected to the mail slot to be take off site.

Does anyone have any example configurations that I could use. Do I need to
provide my bacula-dir.conf here? I have been struggling to make this work for
weeks any help would be appreciated.

Thanks