Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Two directors?

2010-08-03 09:02:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Two directors?
From: Mikael Kermorgant <mikael.kermorgant AT gmail DOT com>
To: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:58:45 +0200

2010/8/3 Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
2010/7/28 Simone Martina <smartina AT noc.skylogicnet DOT com>
Hi at all,

Hi,

at the end of this year probably I will have to solve a trouble: my boss
would like to have an adjunctive bacula director (and sd, tape-reader
and so on) due to respect redundancy asset policy. Now, my Bacula

If you need bacula director redundancy then you have to setup a HA cluster. You can put bacula director and database as a cluster resources. You shouldn't run two directors on one db it isn't safe.

Hi,

You could also setup 2 independant directors with their own catalog and sd.
We have been using this configuration for years, so that each fd does its backup twice. The challenge here is to keep configuration up to date on both directors and manage the "Before job scripts". In our case, we have stopped running scripts from bacula and started only one dump per server via crontab

Regards,

Mikael