Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Tape replacement

2010-08-02 11:34:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Tape replacement
From: Doug Forster <dforster AT part DOT net>
To: "Holikar, Sachin (ext)" <sachin.holikar.ext AT siemens DOT com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:47:03 -0600
You need to use the erase command to remove the data off of the tape.
example:
load the tape
mtx -f /dev/sg3 load slotnum [drive number]
tell the drive to erase the tape
mt -f /dev/nst0 erase

Make sure you are using the right devices by running the mtx inquiry.
[root@baculaserver ~]# mtx -f /dev/sg3 inquiry
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'DELL    '
Product ID: 'PV-124T         '
Revision: '0075'
Attached Changer: No

The correct devices should be listed in your bacula-sd.conf file.