Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migrating jobs - Is this correct, my bacula fails to load?

2010-08-01 18:50:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migrating jobs - Is this correct, my bacula fails to load?
From: Mister IT Guru <misteritguru AT gmx DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 23:47:47 +0100
On 01/08/10 13:13, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 7/31/2010 1:36 PM, Mister IT Guru wrote:
>>
>> Job {
>>     Name = "migrate"
>>     Type = Migrate
>>     Level = Full
>>     Client = clientname
>>     FileSet="Full Set"
>>     Messages = Standard
>>     Pool = Default
>>     Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
>>     Selection Type = OldestVolume
>>     Selection Pattern = "ignored"
>> }
>>
>> Will this pattern only migrate completed jobs? Or will it migrate all
>> jobs, including failed ones? If so, can I use a SQL query so that I can
>> migrate only completed jobs, starting from the oldest one?
>
> You say Bacula fails to load.  What version of Bacula?  What errors
> are you seeing?
>
>> Also, is it possible to change the filename of the volumes once the jobs
>> they contain have been migrated off? This is because I'm attempting to
>> reclaim disk space, and I'll need to rename the volumes once they become
>> empty so that I don't lose any viable data.
>
> It is best to ask just one question per email.
>
> Your premise makes no sense.  Once the Volume is *empty*, it contains
> no data.

Sorry for my bad English! *I should be ashamed, London, England born and
bred!* My migration jobs seem to all fail saying no files found to
migrate, even though I know 100% that the files are there.

Basically, I put together my bacula in a bit of a rush, and i now have
thousands of volumes populating my nas. I have configured a second
storage daemon, and i now wish to migrate the jobs of clients into
seperate pools. For example, I want to migrate all the completed jobs of
client1.domain.com to a new temporary pool for client1.

This way, I now have the whole backup history of client1 in one pool,
which I can now add proper retention times on, so that I have a
manageable amount of files.

At the end of this exercise, i should end up with all the jobs of
particular clients in separate pools.

I'm still trying to learn how bacula works properly, so please forgive
me if I don't fully understand everything.