Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole command to display jobs on volume

2010-07-27 19:28:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole command to display jobs on volume
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: Lamp Zy <lampzy AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 00:26:11 +0100
On 27/07/10, Lamp Zy (lampzy AT gmail DOT com) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using bacula-5.0.2.
>
> Is there a way in bconsole to see which jobs used a particular tape?
>
> I can run "list jobmedia", save the output to a file and then grep for
> the media name but it's a lot of steps and it shows only the jobid.

The following is a generic SQL query that I think might do what you want.

SELECT
        j.name as jobname, m.volumename as volname,
        p.path as path, fn.name as filename
FROM
        job j, media m, file f, jobmedia jm,
        filename fn, path p
WHERE
        jm.mediaid = m.mediaid
        AND
        jm.jobid = j.jobid
        AND
        jm.startfile = f.fileid
        AND
        f.pathid = p.pathid
        AND
        f.filenameid = fn.filenameid;

This might be worth saving as a view. In Postgres you would do something like:

CREATE VIEW v_job_vol_path_name AS
    <query body as above>

You could then query it to find jobids by media like this:

    SELECT
        distinct(jobname), volname
    FROM
        v_job_vol_path_name
    ORDER BY
        jobname, volname;

You can also use this view to find which files are on which jobs, which are on
which tapes and son on.

I hope this helps.

Rory

--