Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Label barcodes

2010-07-25 17:43:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Label barcodes
From: Richard Scobie <richard AT sauce.co DOT nz>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:38:27 +1200
I have just added 10 unlabeled, barcoded tape to a library that contains
10 labeled, barcoded tapes.

 From the bat application, I have issued the following commands:

update slots

label barcodes

At this point the bat console shows a list of the tapes that will be
labelled, but this includes the 10 tapes that already have labels.

Is it really going to relabel these?

Also, in this scenario, are the tapes labeled in ascending slot order or
ascending barcode order?

I notice that bacula chooses empty appendable tapes to write to based on
the time they were labeled and I would prefer that they are used in
ascending barcode order.

Regards,

Richard