Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't access tape device after upgrade from v2.4.4-1 to 5.0.2-1

2010-07-19 18:17:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't access tape device after upgrade from v2.4.4-1 to 5.0.2-1
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 23:14:02 +0100
On 19/07/10, Dan Langille (dan AT langille DOT org) wrote:
> >My objective, foolishly ommitted from my email, is to start from scratch
> >after the upgrade. I have now managed to do so by using the brute force
> >method to relabel the tapes as the catalogues from my tests failed to
> >follow from 2.4.4 to 5.0.2.
>
> Well, there's not reason for the catalogs not to come along. If you
> want to solve that problem first, we can.

I've got a dump of the previous database. I've just had a careful look
at the database logs and it looks like the Debian upgrade script tries
to drop the database after dumping it. It couldn't because I was on the
psql command line accessing the database at the time (which was silly).

I might chat to John Goerzen who packages bacula for Debian to see if he
would like to run an upgrade on the dumped db to see if it works to his
satisfaction.

Regards
Rory

--