Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula | NAS200 - Linksys

2010-07-15 13:00:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula | NAS200 - Linksys
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: Sebastián Moreno <smoreno.uy AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:57:09 -0400
On 7/15/2010 12:06 PM, Sebastián Moreno wrote:
> I was mounted the share folder with CIFS, but the folder takes the NAS
> permissions, not the Linux permissions.
>
> When I try to change the owner of the folder with root user the linux box
> says:
>
> Permission denied.

In the -o options of the mount command, you need to set the uid and gid
of the mount in addition to the user and password. The user and password
options are for authenticating with the NAS. The uid and gid are the
owner and group that Linux will assign to the mounted share. The uid and
gid must be such that Bacula storage daemon has read/write access.

Something like:  mount -t //192.168.0.121/backupdir /mnt/nas -o
rw,user=bacula,password=some-pass,uid=bacula,gid=disk

Note: For security reasons, you should use the credentials= option
instead of user= and password=. See man 8 mount.cifs.