Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with dbcheck

2010-07-13 07:00:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with dbcheck
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:55:41 +0100

> If you read make_catalog_backup.pl the accepted parameters are $1 dbname,
> and $2 dbuser, so I would suggest you try
>
> RunBeforeJob = "/usr/lib64/bacula/make_catalog_backup.pl bacula bacula"

No, that is wrong for make_catalog_backup.pl.  The old shell script
make_catalog_backup takes those two arguments, but the new perl script
make_catalog_backup.pl takes a single argument, which is the catalog name.

The problem might be caused by permission errors.  Check that dbcheck can be
run by the userid that runs the Director (look in
/usr/lib64/bacula/make_catalog_backup.pl for the arguments to pass to dbcheck
and run it with sudo or su).

__Martin