Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] New Features?

2010-07-11 03:46:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] New Features?
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:44:47 +0200
Hello,

Le dimanche 11 juillet 2010 01:50:25, Robert LeBlanc a écrit :
> We are running 5.0.2 and my VirtualFulls are failing saying that it can't
> read from the destination pool. At
> http://www.bacula.org/5.1.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_5_0_0.html
> (the
> 5.1.x manual link from the website),

If you are using the 5.0.2 version, I advise you to read the 5.0.x manual
link.

> it says that this should be included in the development version.

It says:
"You are now allowed to Migrate, Copy, and Virtual Full to read and write to
the same Pool. The Storage daemon ensures that you do not read and write to
the same Volume."

Which is quite clear I think, and Bacula can decide to cancel your migration
in some cases. If you have a problem, it can be bug or a support problem. I
advise you to put more detailed information in your mail like the exact output
and volumes that should be involved in the migration.

> However, it also says that tab completion
> should be introduced in this version, but I can do tab completion in
> 5.0.2.

The title section is "New Features in 5.0.0", so if you run 5.0.2, all
features from this section should work for 5.0.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. To verify
this assertion, you need to read 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 release notes.

Bye

--
Need professional help and support for Bacula ?
Visit http://www.baculasystems.com