Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Storage Daemon crash backtrace

2010-07-02 12:26:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Storage Daemon crash backtrace
From: Robert LeBlanc <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: Frank Sweetser <fs AT wpi DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:24:13 -0600
On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Frank Sweetser <fs AT wpi DOT edu> wrote:
On 07/02/2010 11:17 AM, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> Having said this, I cannot rule out a problem on openssl at this point.

I forgot to mention one other *very* important data point.  After the ticket I
opened up came back as a problem outside of bacula, I did some more testing on
the system in question.  I found that I was able to reproduce similar problems
using scp to do encrypted transfers of multi-gig files.  I didn't get
segfaults, but I did get socket errors.  This pretty strongly supports the
conclusion that the root cause of the problem isn't in bacula itself.

Did you happen to open a bug against OpenSSL for this? I would like to track it if you did. I wonder if this is a problem that I'm seeing in Apache too.

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences & Undergraduate Education Computer Support
Brigham Young University