Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs on the same storage

2010-02-23 13:47:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs on the same storage
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:45:26 GMT
I think you have the concept backwards -- it is designed to prevent
concurrency on that device rather than allowing more of it.

The default allows an unlimited number of jobs to be queued (or run
concurrently on a single volume).  The new resource allows you to force jobs
to run on another "compatible drive" instead.

You seem to be using different volumes for each job, so they can't run
concurrently on the same device anyway.

To achieve your goal, I think you will need to set it to 1 and also have a
second "compatible drive" in the configuration.  I'm not sure what that means
for file devices and whether they can share volumes safely.  It might be
designed for use with autochangers.

__Martin