Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] concurrent jobs on the same storage

2010-02-16 02:58:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs on the same storage
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:56:21 +0200
Hi.

In 5.0 there is directive "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" for devices too, which
should mean that it's now possible to run multiple jobs simultaneously on the
same device and therefore on the same storage. Right?

I have "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20" set for SD, for 'storage-silver' and for
'device-silver'.

I made a copy of a job 'silver-test', changing only its name to 'silver-
test2', so it uses the same fileset, same storage etc.

When I run these jobs in parallel, I see the one ran a bit later waiting for
the 1st to end:

 56776 Full    silver-test.2010-02-16_09.49.31_41 is running
 56777 Full    silver-test2.2010-02-16_09.49.31_43 is waiting on Storage
storage-silver
====

Any clue why does it still wait on storage?

--
Silver