Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] bug in autolabel code in 5.0.0?

2010-02-04 16:20:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] bug in autolabel code in 5.0.0?
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:18:13 -0500
On 02/04/10 15:25, Bob Hetzel wrote:
> Upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10 brought along a ton of upgraded programs and
> libraries so I've no idea where to begin.

Ubuntu 9.10 was a *very* bad update.  I've been advising people to just
avoid it and wait for 10.04.  Based on various reports I've seen, more
than 30% of users who upgraded to 9.10 had problems that they were
unable to solve, and only about 10% had completely trouble-free upgrades.

(My wife is among the statistics; 9.10 destroyed the screen on her
laptop by strobing the backlight on and off up to several times a second
until it failed.  The fact that it was enabling and disabling the
keyboard at the same time made it almost impossible to troubleshoot the
problem; I was still trying when the screen failed.  That particular
fault was fairly widespread, and was apparently an X driver bug that -
if memory serves - affected many nVidia and Intel graphics chipsets and
some Radeon chipsets.)

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.